Friday, January 22, 2010

Wonder

Such large soft snowflakes I've not seen in years are falling gently, covering the trees, the paths. Through a wonderland... If I come back inside, brought wood to the fire and filled the room with glow and warmth.. Would you, curled up and sleepy under the covers, smile? If I offered my cold hand would you hold it? There is a majesty in the sights, the sounds, the smell of the morning. The mountains outside our window lie white against the dark sky behind and the rains will come soon enough.
If I kiss you gently and whisper in your ear... "My love, come walk with me."

Would you rise to live this moment with me? To watch our breaths mingle, dissipating in the air and hear the sounds of each others footsteps on the icy ground? Would it seem romantic to make the sacrifice and bear the cold for a fleeting moment that would be lost eventually to time?

No comments:

Post a Comment